Ajami Tools for Linux
28 August 2015
tools have been tested under Debian Linux and Ubuntu Linux,
Gnome, Unity and xFce graphical desktops.
Unicode 6.1 compliant fonts for Ajami
Ajami keyboard map for Senegal
Macro to transcribe Roman to Ajami text in
OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Unicode 6.1+ compliant fonts for Ajami
Scheherazade 2.0 Arabic font available from SIL.
keyboard map setup
users to type in Ajami from their keyboard into
1. Download this file: kbd_linux_unicode6.1_17-june-2013.kbdmap
2. Open this file in a text editor.
Select the entire text and copy it
4. Open a Terminal window. Click inside it.
Type or paste:
6. In this file, find the section called “Buckwalter”.
Select the entire section from
8. Paste the selection from the other file (press Ctrl+V).
9. Save the file ara and close the other file.
In Ubuntu 13 & 14, delete the
rm /var/lib/xkb/*.xkm [corrected]
11. Launch System Settings
12. Open Keyboard Layout
13. Click on Add or on the plus sign (+)
14. In the language list, click on Arabic (Buckwalter)
Click on “ar” in the task bar to switch to Ajami